Monday, July 28, 2008

Nike, adidas and my father's company.

Well, I haven't been blogging for a while now. I was very busy the past few weeks, with work holding much more space in my life now. So as to not get any more constant reminding from my friends that I have not been blogging for awhile, I decided to blog about something today.





Well, as most of you may know by now, I'm working in 1 of the biggest company in Singapore. I'm working in Wing Tai's adidas(mind that the adidas does not start with a capital A, because that's what the owner of adidas wanted) retail outlet in Tampines Mall.



I have seen some familiar faces, friends whom i have not seen in a long time at my store. It's always nice to have a nice long chat with friends whom you never talk to for so long.




As i will be helping out at my dad's working place come September, I have to resign from adidas to join my dad. But up till now, I have not inform any of my superior that I'm going to tender my resignation. I feel so bad to leave the place, although adidas has never been a particular brand I like, the working environment is very good and the welfare is also very good.



Although Nike gave me a call and asked me to rejoin them last week, I decided not to as I gotta know where my future lies and that is in my father's company, where i will soon learn from him and possibly take over from him a few years down the road.



Nike has always been my favorite brand, a brand that i can boast i know alot about(i've been through many Nike course during my time there). So when they called, I was definitely tempted, to rejoin them for maybe a year before helping my dad was what i wanted to do. But because Nike took so long to call me, i ended up in adidas and my plans were all wrecked.



Maybe it's my destiny to not be able to work in Nike anymore, but now, I'm gonna concentrate on learning from my dad and take over from him quickly.


I have plans worked out for my dad's company after I take over. This are just some,

1. Expand his business.
2. Diversify his business line like Wing Tai, who has retail and F&B outlets although they specialize in the property line
3. And finally to become 1 of the richest man in Singapore. (I know i may sound abit obsessed here, but it's good to dream big sometimes)



With that,
Peace Out!

No comments: