Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life

Today while on my way back from work, i met an ex school-mate on the bus. She was a year my senior and we got to know each other when she was my partner in our house's cheer leading dance(which i was forced to do).



While on the bus, we had a long chat and we talk about lots of things. I always thought she looked fabulous and she still look as fabulous as ever. Too bad, she's a malay or i would have courted her despite our age difference.




While chatting about school life back then, she suddenly mentioned something about me. Here's what she said,


Her : Hey, I do remember you were quite popular in school, every in school would know who you are the moment your name is mention.

Me : Sure or not? I don't think I was that popular then.

Her : Yeah, you were. With all the softball and individual awards, and not to forget you were a mathematics prodigy then.

Me : Oh. Ok lah.

Then i reached my bus stop and had to alight and we bade our farewell.



I started thinking about what she said, what she said do make sense. I was quite popular then, but what does all this matter? Where am i now? I failed my 'o' levels, dropped out of my course in ite, and am working in the retail line to save my ass.



What I'm trying to say is that being popular in school doesnt translate to anything, and given a choice i would rather have been a complete geek then to be a popular guy in school. But what's done cannot be undone, i can only work hard to get where i wanna go right now.



With that,
Peace Out!

No comments: