I had the most hilarious taxi ride i had in my life today.
I was at my friend's house watching the soccer game 'Manchester United Vs West Ham United'. We were supposed to watch the game at my house but apparently my SCV black box was burned for some particular reason and therefore we can't watch it at my place.
This match was quite important because this is the last game of the season and was also the match that Manchester United will be presented with the Premier League trophy. So after the match, i figured the time then was 12.30a.m, i thought there will still be a last 51 bus. So i waited till 12.57a.m.
It was then that i decided i wanted to take a taxi back home as:
1) I was pretty tired having only 4 1/2 hours of sleep the previous night.
2) I was pretty lazy to walk home.
SO, i beckon a taxi over and dragged my semi unconscious body into the taxi. I reached my place and i reached into my wallet for some cash to pay him. I only had 2 S$10 notes and 1 US$1 note in my wallet. So i took the S$10 note and passed it to him. He rejected the note, citing that he do not have any small change and asked if i could give him small change instead. I told him that the only small note i have is the US$1 note, and guess what?
The taxi-driver accepted the note and drove off. Which goes to say my taxi fare was around. . . .
S$1.6. Hahahaha. What a stupendous taxi-ride! Yeah, the next time i take a cab, i'll bring more US$1 notes along. Haha.
And by the way, just a piece of information, the taxi-fare was $7.20
Peace Out!
No comments:
Post a Comment