Monday, June 4, 2007

Monks/Nuns

It is widely believed that monks/nuns are not supposed to have desires for luxury.

That means:
1) NO fanciful hairstyle, all shaved off
2) NO good food
3) NO BLING BLING!
4) NO Handphones


Speaking of handphones, I swear to god I saw a nun carrying a Nokia N73 and with gold blings on her fingers just now. What's with the nuns nowadays? Fashion Nuns?

I am a free thinker, so i can't interfere much with the practice of the Buddhist and Taoist religion, but i believe monks/nuns has always set their standards pretty high until technology started catching up. Nowadays, whenever we see a monk, they'll definitely be carrying a handphone, sometimes maybe even a PDA.

Well, as long as there's a valid reason for it, there's nothing i can say about that. But i really want to know what's with all the gold rings on the fingers? ANSWERS anyone?

No comments: